Friday 26 March 2010

Ashes to Ashes

"So Mr Gowan, how have things developed since your concept post 'mission status'?"

"Well, to be honest, DG, (can I call you DG?) that concept was a while in the brewing and I think I was at a substancial high when it popped in there to set a melancholical melody to a musical maestro's masterpiece."

"Interesting. Can you expand at all on how it 'popped in there'?"

"Well, it just popped, I can't really explain how ideas occur when ones mind is a muddle of morphinic manifestations. Though one aspect may be the juxtaposition between being abandoned in space, whilst seemingly linked, but just out of reach, of the world you know. Do you know what I mean."

"Not entirely, but I guess some of your references are to out of body experiences, as it were, induced by a certain state of mind and, well, lets be frank, powerful drugs."

"You seem to be setting Mr Gowan up as some sort of junky."

"Junky, flunky or organ grinder's monkey, the implication is there that some of your thinking at the time was enhanced in some way."

"Yeah, I suppose in that respect you could imply that Mr Gowan was a junky. Whatever the case I think he and I have moved on since then. You know, we're back in the capsule and mission control have come up with some ideas to pull this rabbit out the hat."

"You're losing me I'm afraid."

"Well, lets just say that there has been a connection repaired and while they need to check out my status first, they seem to have some operation being prepared behind the scenes that will draw this mission to a clinical conclusion."

"That sounds good, I think. I know you need to go now, but would you be happy to come back into the studio in the next week or two to give us an update."

"Yeah, sure. I guess by then I'll be hoping to be the man who safely returned to earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment