Friday 8 January 2010

Pegging

Question, is it:
a) a technique for attaching clothes to an external drying line;
b) a memory technique to help prompt yourself in presentations;
or,
c) fitting a tube directly into your stomach for feeding?

Answer. All three. But I'm not putting it here because I've been hanging washing out or practicing a speech, its because after ironing my face when I got home, I got a call from the Western to confirm that they had a date for me pegging. Oh great, I thought, I was hoping that they'd decided I wouldn't need it since I've been a model patient.

Dream on...peg, or feeding tube it is for when my throat complains and I potentially can't swallow. Need to keep my weight constant you see, so that my mask is nice and tight.

So two nights in next week while they check me out then staple this thing into my stomach and teach me how to use it. Wonder if it'll be OK to slip a glass of wine down with my liquidised steak?

No comments:

Post a Comment